2020 – how much does it cost to play summer football?
We have one price to cover the entire summer football season for those wishing to play under 6 and 7, under 8 to under 16 inclusive through to All Age. Prices will vary and are listed below.
Our 2020 prices are as follows:
Under 6 and under 7 age group:
- If you played during the 2020 winter season your junior registration cost will be $77.15
- If you did not play during the 2020 winter season your junior registration cost will be $84.15
Under 8 to under 17 inclusive:
- If you played during the 2020 winter season your junior registration cost will be $94.15.
- If you did not play during the 2020 winter season your junior registration cost will be $101.15.
18+ to include all senior football:
- If you played during the 2020 winter season your senior registration cost will be $121.15
- If you did not play during the 2020 winter season your senior registration will be $135.15
Walking Football (participants are over the age of 45):
- A one off fee to play walking football applies which is $83.30. You will still need to select whether or not you have played in the winter season or not so we can understand which players are registering.
Registering for more than one team:
- If you choose to play in additional adult teams you will need to do an additional registration. This additional adult registration team cost is $110.50
- A 2nd team for players aged 8-17 – $63.75
- A 2nd team for players aged 5-7 – $51.00
Do we play through School Holidays and on long weekend
In 2020 our start date is after the school holidays. We commence on Monday the 12th of October and play every week up to and including week commencing the 17th of December.
What Happens Once I’ve Registered As A Player?
We’ll confirm your registration. You’ll need to check with your team admin about uniform etc. and then just get ready to kick off in the week commencing 12th October 2020.
Can I use my Active Kids Rebate for Summer Football?
Yes! You can use the Active Kids Voucher (AKV) towards your Summer Football Registration, but please be aware of the following conditions;
- AKV will be applied to your fees only to the maximum value of the voucher. If there is a residual amount (i.e. if your fees are less than $100), we do not take the whole of the voucher. The NSW state govt. retains the residual amount.
- If your fees are more than the $100 voucher amount, you must pay the difference at the time of registration.
- If there is a problem with your voucher, we can’t help you resolve that. You’ll need to speak with Services NSW to resolve.
- If you change your mind and decide to de-register, you will forfeit the value of the voucher. AKV’s are non-refundable, in some circumstances, we may consider transferring part of the value to another sport depending on when you de-register and why. Please refer to our Refund & De-Registration policy as this is a condition of registration.
When Do We Start & Finish Playing?
The NFA summer football season will commence on Monday 12th of October 2020 and conclude on Friday the 17th of December 2020.
In 2020 there will be 1 location being Eileen Cammack reserve South Penrith. We will operate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
It will be made up the following rounds being;
- round 1 week commencing Monday 12th of October
- round 2 week commencing the 19th of October
- round 3 week commencing the 26th of October
- round 4 week commencing the 2nd of November
- round 5 week commencing the 9th of November
- round 6 week commencing the 16th of November
- round 7 week commencing the 23rd of November
- round 8 week commencing the 30th of November
- round 9 week commencing the 7th of December
- round 10/finals week commencing the 14th of December
- Finals will be played week commencing the 14th of December. Please note that all other teams will play during this week even if they don’t make the final.
Where Can I Find A Copy Of The Rules?
You can find a full copy of the rules on our WebPage at http://www.nepeansummerfootball.com.au/competition-rules/
How Do I Nominate A Whole Team?
This season we are doing things a little differently allowing for a more streamlined process. From Tuesday evening the 25th of August at 6pm you will be able to register your team. Due to a shorter playing season we will only be accepting the following team numbers into each age group. Once your age group is full there will be no further teams added. Individual players do not register on the 25th of August.
Under 6 and 7 – 16 teams. Under 8, under 9, under 10, under 11 – 12 teams. Under 12, under 13, under 14, under 16, over 30 women, over 35 men, all age mixed, all age women – 10 teams. All age men – 20 teams.
Our administration team will then confirm with you that your team has been successful and your team code and name will be added into the competition. You will then advise your players to register into that team from Monday the 14th of September. If players fail to register by the 25th of September we reserve the right to withdraw your team from the competition and replace your team with a team we may have on stand by.
Is there a direct link to Register
You’ll need to nominate your team first. To do this CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE A TEAM
ONCE YOUR TEAM IS NOMINATED AND REGISTERED, YOUR TEAM CONTACT WILL BE SENT A UNIQUE LINK FOR YOUR TEAM. YOU MUST USE THAT LINK TO REGISTER IN 2020.
If you want to sign up for Over 45’s Walking Football (non competition – just friendship and fitness), you can register you interest by CLICKING HERE. Once we’ve got the numbers, we’ll be back in touch, but we won’t take your registration or your money until we’re sure we have the numbers.
If you’re a player without a team and you’re willing to fill a vacancy in a team CLICK HERE and we’ll take your details and put you in touch with a suitable team who has a vacancy that might suit you. No promises, but we’ll try our best to find you a team to play in in 2020
Direct Links to Register as a Coach (Team Leader) or Team Contact (manager)
Use the same link we’ve provided for your team players to register, but select Coach or Volunteer as the role. If you hold a non playing role and are also a player, you’ll need to register twice.
How Do I Look Up A Fixture?
How to search for a fixture in Summer Football
- Go to nepeansummerfootball.com.au
- Select Fixtures Tab
- Choose whether you view the information on a PC or on a mobile device by selecting “Standard or Mobile” on the Right hand side of your screen
- Make sure that the Association selected in “Nepean Summer Football” at the uppermost drop down menu
- To ensure that you’re not looking at old “favourite” data, make sure there is no tick in “USE MY FAVOURITES”
- From the remaining drop down menus;
- COMPETITIONS: Select your competition (Current Year + Venue) i.e. 2020 Summer – Penrith
- CLUB: Select your club (venue) i.e. Summer football Penrith
- AGE GROUP: Select the Age Group you’re PLAYING IN
- DIVISION: Leave at all unless you are in a comp with multiple divisions, you should then select the division your team is in.
- TEAM: From the Team drop down you could also narrow the search further by selecting your team
- DATE: Select the date range you want to know about, or remove dates to view the entire competition.
What If I or my friends have never played before?
That’s OK. Summer Football is about having fun. Just enter a team with your mates and give it a go!
Our 2020 season will work a little differently. If you are a player that has never played before and don’t have a team to play with, but you would like to give summer football a go, you will need to fill in our expression of interest application by CLICKING HERE. We will have teams that are looking for players and we will try our best to match you with a team who has vacancies. No promises, but we’ll try!
2020 – when does registration open for the Summer Football season?
The 2020 Summer Football season registration opens for team nominations on Tuesday evening 6pm the 25th of August.
Our recommendation is that all coaches and team leaders log on immediately at that time to register their team otherwise you could miss out. In 2020 due to field restrictions we are only operating at one location so maximum amount of teams will apply. Once the age group is full it is full.
Player registrations will start on Monday the 14th of September and they will then register directly into their nominated team which would have been communicated with them by their coach or team leader.
What if I don’t have a team but I just want to play?
Our 2020 season will work a little differently. If you don’t have a team to play in, but would like to be considered for a team who has a vacancy, you just need to CLICK HERE and fill in our expression of interest form. We will have teams that are looking for players and we will do our best to match you to a team looking for players.
What’s the youngest and oldest age groups offered?
Our youngest age group is the U6 age group. Players must be at least turning 5 in the current year to play in this age group.
Our Oldest age groups are O30’s Women and O35’s Men for regular 6 a side football and Over 45 for Walking Football.
2020 – do you have mixed competition?
YES – Mixed Gender competitions are offered in all age groups up to and including U11’s in the Juniors. Under 12 and above will be male and female teams unless special permission is requested and approved by the Summer Football management team.
In the Senior ranks, we offer and All Age Mixed competition and O45’s Walking Football is also a mixed gender group.
2020 – What Night & What Time Will My Team Play?
WHAT NIGHT & WHAT TIME DOES MY TEAM PLAY?
The 2020 Summer Football schedule is set out below. All times are subject to change however as of the start of the season the below times are the scheduled kick off times for all ages.
Eileen Cammack reserve South Penrith
Monday Nights – Under 6 teams kick off at 5pm, under 7 teams kick off at 5.30pm, under 8 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 9 teams kick off at 6.50pm, under 10 teams kick off at 7.40pm, under 11 teams kick off at 8.10pm. Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived.
Tuesday nights – under 12 boys 6pm, under 12 girls 6:30pm, under 13 boys 7pm, walking football 7:30pm, under 14 boys 7.30pm, under 14 girls 8pm. These times may be subject to change. Please monitor our facebook site closer to the scheduled start of the season.
Wednesday nights – under 16 girls 5:30pm, under 16 boys 6pm, over 30 Women kick off at 6:40pm, All Age Mixed kick off at 7.30pm, over 35 Men kick off at 8.20pm. These times may be subject to change. Please monitor our facebook site closer to the scheduled start of the season.
Thursday nights – All Age Men will kick off at 6.40pm and 7.30pm. All Age Women will kick off at 8.20pm. These times may be subject to change. Please monitor our facebook site closer to the scheduled start of the season.
NB: As per last year, all kick off times are subject to change once the season has started due to weather influences. Any change will be communicated via Facebook.
What Shirts Or Uniforms Do We Wear?
Each team is required to purchase their own shirt and they must be the same colour. If shirts clash we have a supply of bibs which one team will have to wear. All shirts need to be numbered in age groups U12 & above. In some cases teams are transitioning from their winter competition and may choose to wear their club winter uniform. This is perfectly acceptable as it meets our guidelines. If in the case that players have not purchased shirts that team will be supplied bibs for that match until they’ve organised their shirts.
What Sort Of Footwear Is Acceptable?
All players must wear closed and appropriate footwear as per the laws of the game. If you are playing non competition U11 & below or Walking Football you may also wear joggers. Be aware that other players playing under 11 and below in the majority wear boots with studs and this may cause injury so all players except Walking Football are required to wear shin pads covered by long socks. This is for the players protection.