2018 – how much does it cost to play summer football?
We have one price to cover the entire summer football season for those wishing to play under 6 and 7, under 8 to under 16 inclusive and intermediate through to All Age. Prices will vary and are listed below.
Our prices are as follows:
Under 6 and under 7 age group:
- A one off registration fee of $92. That’s less than $7 per week.
Under 8 to under 16 inclusive:
- If you played during the 2018 winter season your junior registration cost will be $110.
- If you did not play during the 2018 winter season your junior registration cost will be $118. That’s less than $9 per week.
Intermediate Men and Women plus All Age men, women, mixed and over 35’s:
- If you played during the 2018 winter season your senior registration cost will be $145.
- If you did not play during the 2018 winter season your senior registration will be $158. That’s less than $12 per week.
- A one off fee to play walking football applies which is $95. You will still need to select whether or not you have played in the winter season or not so we can understand which players are registering.
Registering for more than one team:
- If you choose to play in additional adult teams you will need to do an additional registration. This additional adult registration team cost is $130
Do we play through School Holidays and on long weekend
Yes we play through the school holidays and the Monday of the long weekend
What If I or my friends have never played before?
Did you know that over 25% of people that play Summer Football have never played before. It’s a great way to get a bunch of mums and/or dads together or your mates at school so you can enjoy the warm Spring and Summer nights playing football. You won’t be judged! Summer Football is all about having fun and we will have you allocated in an appropriate competition. So…..start chatting with your friends now. If you have never played before we can’t wait to introduce you to our Summer Football format.
2018 – when does registration open for the Summer Football season?
The 2018 Summer Football season registration is NOW OPEN. Our recommendation is that all players register straight away. In 2018 we will have a maximum amount of teams that can register and once we have reached this limit that age group will be closed to all new team registrations. If you are not 100% sure who is going to be on your team at the 1st of July, 2018 our suggestion is that someone registers on behalf of the team to secure your position and then that person ensures that all the additional players are registered. Individual registrations are always welcome. The Summer Football season starts on Monday the 17th of September, 2018.
I want to play summer football
Registrations for our 2018 Summer Football season are NOW OPEN
Once I have registered on My Football Club for the Summer Competition what do I do then?
Once you have registered on My Football Club you then need to go to our website www.nepeansummerfootball.com.au and fill in the appropriate form.
When on our website: we will require your name and age and there you will tell us if there is a team you are either forming or wanting to join.
Individual players are more than welcome. Our team will then get that information and we will match up your registration to the preferred team of choice or place you in a team. We will then either text or email you to confirm your team allocation.
During this process you will also nominate which region you would like to play in being either Jamison Park or Summerhayes Park. Teams are limited in both locations so it’s important you get your registration in early.
What if I don’t have a team but I just want to play?
We encourage individual players to register. Please register online from the 1st of July, 2018 at www.myfootballclub.com.au then go to our Summer Football website www.nepeansummerfootball.com.au and click the tab titled 2018 Register Now. Once you have clicked that tab please fill in the link at step 2 so we know as much as we can about you.
How old do I have to be to play Summer Football?
Our youngest age group is under 6’s so this means that a boy or girl aged 5 years of age as of the 31st December, 2017 is eligible to play in the under 6’s competition.
What’s the youngest and oldest age group?
Our youngest age group is under 6 and our oldest age group for the very first time is those aged between 50 and 80.
2018 – do you have mixed competition?
YES – teams under 6 – under 11 inclusive are non gender specific. You can have boys and girls in your teams.
Under 12 and above will be male and female teams unless special permission is requested and approved by the Summer Football management team.
There will be an adults mixed competition played at Jamison Park on Wednesday evenings. This is forecast to book out so we suggest if you’re planning to play mixed adult football please register straight away
2018 – what nights does summer football get played and at what time are the scheduled kick offs?
The 2018 Summer Football schedule is set out below for Penrith and the Blue Mountains. All times are subject to change based on the teams that register. Our Summer Football team will communicate with teams from the 15th of of August.
Summerhayes Park – Blue Mountains
- Tuesday Nights – Under 6 teams kick off at 5pm, under 7 teams kick off at 5.30pm, under 8 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 9 teams kick off at 6.50pm, under 10 teams kick off at 7.40pm, under 11 teams kick off at 8.10pm. NB: Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived. These times may be subject to change.
- Wednesday Nights – under 12 teams kick off at 5pm, under 13 teams kicks off at 5.40pm, under 14 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 16 teams kick off at 7pm, Intermediate kick off at 7.40pm. NB: Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived. These times may be subject to change due to player registrations.
Jamison Park Penrith
- Monday Nights – Under 6 teams kick off at 5pm, under 7 teams kick off at 5.30pm, under 8 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 9 teams kick off at 6.50pm, under 10 teams kick off at 7.40pm, under 11 teams kick off at 8.10pm. Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived. Walking Football will be played on Monday evenings. We will be announcing the exact kick off time for walking football shortly.
- Tuesday nights – under 12 teams kick off at 6pm, under 13 boys teams kicks off at 6.40pm, under 13 girls teams kick off at 7.20pm, under 14 girls teams kick off at 7.20pm, under 14 boys teams kick off at 8pm. These times may be subject to change.
- Wednesday nights – under 16 boys and girls kick off at 6pm, intermediate Men and Women kick off at 6.40pm, All Age Mixed kick off at 7.30pm, over 35 Men kick off at 8.20pm. These times may be subject to change.
- Thursday nights – The All Age Men will kick off at 6.20pm and 7.10pm. All Age Women will kick off at 8pm and 8.50pm. These times may be subject to change.
NB: As per last year, all kick off times are subject to slight change based on the amount of teams that register. We recommend you register straight away. If teams are to be placed in various divisions this will be discussed with your team coach from the 28th of August.
What shirts do we wear?
Each team is required to purchase their own shirt providing they can get the same colour. If shirts clash we have a supply of bibs which one team will have to wear. All shirts need to be numbered. In some cases teams are transitioning from their winter competition and may choose to wear their club winter uniform. This is perfectly acceptable as it meets our guidelines. If in the case that players have not purchased shirts that team will be supplied bibs for that match. Shirts are available for purchase through our sponsor A mart located in Henry Street Penrith opposite the court house.
Can I just wear joggers when I play?
No all players must wear football boots as per the laws of the game unless you are playing ‘walking football’ where joggers are acceptable. Players must also wear long socks with shin pads. Socks must cover a players shin pads. This is for the players protection.