2017 – how much does it cost to play summer football?
Our prices for the 2017 season remain unchanged. We have one price to cover the entire summer football season for those kids wishing to play under 6 and 7, under 8 to under 16 inclusive and intermediate through to All Age. It is irrelevant whether you have played football before.
Our prices are as follows:
Under 6 and under 7 age group: a one off registration fee of $90. That’s less than $7 per week.
Under 8 to under 16 inclusive: If you played during the 2017 winter season your junior registration cost will be $110. If you did not play during the 2017 winter season your junior registration cost will be $115. That’s less than $9 per week.
Intermediate Men and Women plus All Age men, women, mixed and over 35’s: If you played during the 2017 winter season your senior registration cost will be $145. If you did not play during the 2017 winter season your senior registration will be $155. That’s less than $12 per week.
What If I or my friends have never played before?
Did you know that over 25% of people that play Summer Football have never played before. It’s a great way to get a bunch of mums and/or dads together or your mates at school so you can enjoy the warm Spring and Summer nights playing football. You won’t be judged! Summer Football is all about having fun and we will have you allocated in an appropriate competition. So…..start chatting with your friends now. If you have never played before we can’t wait to introduce you to our Summer Football format.
2017 – when does registration open for the Summer Football season?
The 2017 Summer Football season registration will open on the 1st of July, 2017. Our recommendation is that all players register straight away once the registrations are open. In 2017 we will have a maximum amount of teams that can register and once we have reached this limit that age group will be closed to all new team registrations. If you are not 100% sure who is going to be on your team at the 1st of July our suggestion is that someone registers on behalf of the team to secure your position and then that person ensures that all the additional players are registered. Individual registrations are always welcome. The Summer Football season starts on Monday the 18th of September, 2017.
I want to play summer football
Registrations for our 2017 Summer Football season will open on the 1st of July.
Once I have registered on My Football Club for the Summer Competition what do I do then?
Once you have registered on My Football Club you then need to go to our website www.nepeansummerfootball.com.au and fill in the appropriate form.
When on our website: we will require your name and age and there you will tell us if there is a team you are either forming or wanting to join. Individual players are more than welcome. Our team will then get that information and we will match up your registration to the preferred team of choice or place you in a team. We will then either text or email you to confirm your team allocation.
During this process you will also nominate which region you would like to play in being either Jamison Park or Summerhayes Oval. Teams are limited in both locations so it’s important you get your registration in early.
What if I don’t have a team but I just want to play?
We encourage individual players to register. Please register online from the 1st of July at www.myfootballclub.com.au then go to our Summer Football website www.nepeansummerfootball.com.au and click the tab titled 2017 Summer Football. Once you have clicked that tab please fill in the link so we know as much as we can about you.
How old do I have to be to play Summer Football?
Our youngest age group is under 6’s so this means that a boy or girl aged 5 years of age as of the 31st December, 2017 is eligible to play in the under 6’s competition.
What’s the youngest and oldest age group?
Our youngest age group is under 6 and our oldest age group for the very first time is those aged between 50 and 80. This year we have commenced ‘walking football’. To register please register online at my football club and fill in the step 2. We also will be running our over 35’s Mens competition, Women’s all age, Mixed and All age me.
2017 – do you have mixed competition?
YES – teams under 6 – under 11 inclusive are non gender specific. You can have boys and girls in your teams. Under 12 and above will be male and female teams unless special permission is requested and approved by the Summer Football management team. There will be an adults mixed competition being held on Wednesday evenings.
2017 – what nights does summer football get played and at what time are the scheduled kick offs?
The 2017 Summer Football schedule is set out below for Penrith and the Blue Mountains. All times are subject to change based on the teams that register. Our Summer Football team will communicate with teams from the 15th of of A
Summerhayes Park – Blue Mountains
- Tuesday Nights – Under 6 teams kick off at 5pm, under 7 teams kick off at 5.30pm, under 8 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 9 teams kick off at 6.50pm, under 10 teams kick off at 7.40pm, under 11 teams kick off at 8.10pm. NB: Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived. These times may be subject to change. We have never offered Summer Football in the lower mountains before hence we may have to be flexible with our timings. The earliest time we commence Summer Football is 5pm.
- Wednesday Nights – under 12 teams kick off at 5pm, under 13 teams kicks off at 5.40pm, under 14 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 16 teams kick off at 7pm, Intermediate kick off at 7.40pm and 8.20pm. NB: Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived. These times may be subject to change. We have never offered Summer Football in the lower mountains before hence we may have to be flexible with our timings. The earliest time we commence Summer Football is 5pm. These times will be finalised one week prior to competition starting based on final registration numbers.
Jamison Park Penrith
- We have made minor changes from our 2016 Penrith Summer Football season allowing more time between transition of fields on a Monday night, giving an even better playing and parent experience. We have also allowed for an increase in playing numbers for All Age competitions on Thursday nights, meaning that All Age Mixed and over 35 Men competitions have been moved to the Wednesday evening.
- Monday Nights – Under 6 teams kick off at 5pm, under 7 teams kick off at 5.30pm, under 8 teams kick off at 6.20pm, under 9 teams kick off at 6.50pm, under 10 teams kick off at 7.40pm, under 11 teams kick off at 8.10pm. Please arrive at the ground 30 minutes prior to your scheduled kick off so we know your team has arrived. Walking Football will be played on Monday evenings. We will be announcing the exact kick off time for walking football shortly.
- Tuesday nights – under 12 teams kick off at 6pm, under 13 boys teams kicks off at 6.40pm, under 13 girls teams kick off at 7.20pm, under 14 girls teams kick off at 7.20pm, under 14 boys teams kick off at 8.20pm. These times may vary slightly and will be finalised one week prior to the competition starting based on final registration numbers.
- Wednesday nights – under 16 boys and girls kick off at 6pm, intermediate Men and Women kick off at 6.40pm, All Age Mixed kick off at 7.30pm, over 35 Men kick off at 8.20pm. Due to the lack of intermediate men and women these times will vary slightly and teams will be notified one week prior to kick off.
- Thursday nights – The All Age Men will be allocated 6pm, 6.50pm and 7.40pm if required. Currently registration numbers suggest that the first kick off will be for all age men at 6.50pm which after consultation with All Age teams last year suits the majority due to most still being at work or finding it hard to arrive for a 6pm kick off. We are currently registering some additional all age men’s and women’s teams and we will be communicating with all age teams from Monday the 28th of August.
NB: As per last year, all kick off times are subject to slight change based on the amount of teams that register. As of the 9th of September we have reached over 1,300 registrations between both Summer Football locations. We have had a terrific response with registrations so far and some age groups have already booked out. We recommend you register straight away. If teams are to be placed in various divisions this will be discussed with your team coach from the 28th of August.
What shirts do we wear?
Each team is required to purchase their own shirt providing they can get the same colour. If shirts clash we have a supply of bibs which one team will have to wear. All shirts need to be numbered. In some cases teams are transitioning from their winter competition and may choose to wear their club winter uniform. This is perfectly acceptable as it meets our guidelines. If in the case that players have not purchased shirts that team will be supplied bibs for that match. Shirts are available for purchase through our sponsor A mart located in Henry Street Penrith opposite the court house.
Can I just wear joggers when I play?
No all players must wear football boots as per the laws of the game unless you are playing ‘walking football’ where joggers are acceptable. Players must also wear long socks with shin pads. Socks must cover a players shin pads. This is for the players protection.